Fresh Start Checking
A Second Chance to Bank Responsibly
Fresh Start Checking Account Details
- This account is perfect for those who need a second chance at banking because of closures at other financial institutions, denied checking accounts because of ChexSystems reporting, or any less-than-perfect banking history.
- $20 monthly service fee
- Courtesy Pay¹
- Opening deposit minimum: $25
How to Get Back on Your Feet
To be eligible to convert your Fresh Start Checking to another Neighborhood Credit Union checking account complete the following:
- Six months of satisfactory account history
- AND completion of the online CheckRight educational workshop and quiz(Opens in a new Window) with a passing grade of 16 out of 20
Want to compare our accounts side by side?
|Account Type||Summary||ATM Refunds²||High Yield Interest APY¹||Opening Deposit||Monthly Fee|
Free checking with high-yield interest.
|Yes||0.01% - 2.50%||$100||$0|
|Kasasa® cash back||
Free checking with cash back rewards.
Identity protection and cash back merchant rewards.
Ideal for those with less-than-perfect checking needing to get back on their feet.
Frequently Asked Questions
- have no more than three (3) items returned as non-sufficient funds or no more than three (3) paid under the courtesy pay/overdraft program; or a total of no more than three (3) non-sufficient funds returns and courtesy paid items during the six months.
- have no charge-back or returned deposits.
- read eight short chapters and complete the CheckRight test. You must answer a minimum of 16 out of 20 questions correctly to earn a minimum score of 80%. Visit the CheckRight page for more details.
By clicking the button below, you will be launching the chat platform to speak with one of our customer service associates.