Protect Your Checking Account
An overdraft occurs when you don't have enough money available in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. Neighborhood Credit Union offers the following overdraft options:
- Courtesy Pay
- Overdraft Protection linked to a savings account
Courtesy Pay is a service we provide where we consider paying a debit card transaction, ATM withdrawal, or ACH even if you don't have enough money in your account at that moment. Some members appreciate the peace of mind that a debit card purchase won't be declined at the store register or paying a bill.
Courtesy Pay vs. Overdraft Protection
Both services will cover a transaction if there are not enough funds in your checking account, but Overdraft Protection uses money from your own savings account instead. If you have linked a savings account and there are enough funds to cover the transaction, we'll automatically transfer the money from that account, saving you the hassle of a Courtesy Pay fee.
|Courtesy Pay||Checks, ACH||$33||Yes|
|Courtesy Pay||Debit Card & ATM||$33||No, opt-in here.|
|Overdraft Protection||Checks, ACH, Debit Card, ATM||$5||No|
Qualifications for Courtesy Pay
Courtesy pay can be applied to any Neighborhood Credit Union checking account. You must be a Neighborhood Credit Union member in good standing, be 18 years of age or older with a valid Social Security Number, have a US address on the account of record, and the account can not be dormant.
Please note that we may discontinue covering overdrafts through Courtesy Pay at any time without notice.
- To opt-in electronically, log into your Online Banking and select Courtesy Pay Opt-In Form under the Additional Services menu, or
- Download the Courtesy Pay Form and email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Stop by a branch and complete the form in person, or
- Call our Member Service Center and we will mail or fax the form to you. You can then return the form to us via mail, fax, or at the branch.
Neighborhood Credit UnionP.O. Box 803476Dallas, TX 75380-3476