Projects Plus Home Loan
Just what you need for a swimming pool loan, solar panels, or to start home improvements.
The Projects Plus Home Loan is ideal for:
Benefits of a Projects Plus Home Loan
Simple Personal Loan Structure
Apply Online in Under 10 Minutes
Home Visit Not Required for Approval
Projects Plus Home Loan Rates
Rates Effective: May 8, 2023. All rates quoted are Annual Percentage Rates (APR). See disclaimers for more details.¹
|Term in Months||Rate & Loan Amount|
|$5,000 - $9,999||$10,000 - $19,999||$20,000 - $39,999||$40,000 - $59,999||$60,000 - $100,000|
|24 - 36||10.00% APR||9.75% APR||9.50% APR||9.25% APR||9.00% APR|
|37 - 48||10.25% APR||10.00% APR||9.75% APR||9.50% APR||9.25% APR|
|49 - 60||10.50% APR||10.25% APR||10.00% APR||9.75% APR||9.50% APR|
|61 - 72||10.75% APR||10.50% APR||10.25% APR||10.00% APR||9.75% APR|
|73 - 84||n/a||10.75% APR||10.50% APR||10.25% APR||10.00% APR|
|85 - 144||n/a||n/a||10.75% APR||10.50% APR||10.25% APR|
Your Application & Funding
- We are unable to provide loan pre-approvals and you must apply online.
- If you are approved, you are under no obligation to accept the loan.
- Projects Plus Home Loans will only be funded to a personal bank account and not to a commercial or business account.
- Loan Payments must be made from a personal banking/credit union account.
Good to Know
- The Projects Plus Home Loan is classified as a personal loan, making it a simple lending process on both borrower and lender.
- You and any joint applicants must have a credit score of 680 or higher and at least 7 years of credit history. For any credit score under 720, an extra 0.50% will be added to the standard APR.
- This loan is for improving your primary residence and funds must be used for the purpose stated on the application.
- Once you are approved, you are under no obligation to accept the loan.
For the full list of loan qualifications and limitations, read our FAQs.
¹Projects Plus: Must be 18 years or older and a home owner with a valid email address. Applicant must have a minimum 680 credit score, at least seven  years of credit history, credit history shows a variety of credit types (credit cards/installment loans/vehicle loans/etc.), and credit history displays an excellent repayment history. Loan purpose must be for improving primary residence and funds must be used for purpose stated on application. Loan application required. Subject to credit review and approval. Projects Plus Home Loan application for credit must be completed and submitted online at myncu.com. Only one Projects Plus Home Loan per member can be open at a time. Your loan terms, including APR, may differ based on, amount, term length, and your credit profile. Lowest rates require excellent credit. Minimum loan amount $5,000. Not eligible for Skip-A-Payment or refinancing. Loan amount cannot be added to after funding. Additional conditions and limitations may apply. Advertised rates and terms are subject to change without notice. he payment on a $10,000 loan would be $207.50 per month at a non-variable interest rate of 8.99% APR with a 60 month term. This equates to $2,449.41 over the life of the loan. Equal Opportunity Lender.
Refer a Friend, Earn $200 Cash
Through our Member Referral Program, whenever you refer a new or existing member to Neighborhood CU for an Auto or Personal loan, you can receive $200.00 when the loan has been funded!
Explore Neighborhood Credit Union Products
From banking to borrowing, we have everything you need.
Auto loan rates as low as 6.24% APR*
Get up to 120 days of no payments and apply online in less than 10 minutes.
Since the Projects Plus Loan is what is called an unsecured loan, there are a few more requirements we have to determine who is a qualified borrower. To qualify, you'll have Excellent Credit as defined, but not limited to, the following:
- Credit score of 680 or higher. If you are applying jointly with someone, both scores must be over 680. For credit scores under 720, an extra 0.50% will be added to the standard APR;
- Seven (7) or more years of significant credit history;
- A credit history with a variety of account types such as:
- Major credit cards, such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express
- Installment debt
- Vehicle loans
- Mortgage loans;
- An excellent payment history with no delinquencies or other problems repaying debt obligations;
- A proven ability to save, evidenced by the following:
- Liquid assets (stocks, bonds, bank or credit union deposits, etc.)
- Cash down payments on real estate
- Retirement savings;
- Little, if any, revolving credit card debt (a ratio of revolving debt balances to revolving debt limits of 25% or less);
- Stable and sufficient verifiable income and assets to easily repay current debt obligations and any new loan with Neighborhood Credit Union;
- The property being improved must be the borrower’s primary residence.
There are a few things to keep in mind as you apply for the Projects Plus Loan:
- Loans are made to individuals, not to businesses.
- Loan documents can only be executed electronically, therefore you must have a valid individual email address.
- The loan must be paid off completely before another loan of this type can be obtained.
- The loan cannot be refinanced to add additional amounts.
- This loan is not eligible for the Skip-A-Payment program.
- The applicant must be the owner of the property and the property must be their primary residence.
- This loan cannot be used to refinance an existing Neighborhood Credit Union loan, to purchase bonds, stocks, stock options, or pay back a loan against a stock option.
We built the Projects Plus Home Loan for those wanting to skip all of the hoops and paperwork associated with home-related loans but want to borrow larger amounts for home repairs or improvements. Our Projects Plus Home Loan is technically classified as a personal loan, which makes it a very simple process for both borrower and lender.
Who We Are
Formerly known as Dallas Postal Credit Union, Neighborhood Credit Union opened its doors to its first members in April 1930, just months after the U.S. stock market crashed. During the Great Depression, when Americans’ trust in financial institutions were at their lowest, Dallas Postal Credit Union won that trust and loyalty of its charter members. In 2001, we officially changed our name to Neighborhood Credit Union, a name that more accurately reflects the diverse base of members from all over the Dallas area.
Neighborhood Credit Union now serves the entire state of Texas with over 56,000 members and assets that top $1 billion. Our ongoing effort to offer members convenient services in their communities and mobile access wherever they go has made us a top-rated credit union in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.