Skip-A-Payment is Back for the 2021 Holiday Season
From November 1 through December 31, qualified members with Neighborhood Credit Union loans can choose to skip a payment on either an auto or personal loan for a donation of $35 or more to Children’s Health. Utilizing Skip-A-Payment can provide you with extra cash to kick-off your holiday shopping or bulk up your savings!
How do I request to skip a payment?
How much does it cost?
- Requests through Online and Mobile Banking: A donation of $35.00 or more
- Requests made by mail, by phone or in branch: A donation of $50.00 or more per loan payment skipped.
- The donation cannot be added onto the loan; funds must come from an existing Neighborhood Credit Union account or cash (in branch only).
Do I qualify for Skip-A-Payment?
- All loans and accounts must be current and in good standing.
- Membership savings must have a balance of at least $25.00.
- Loans must not be past due.
- May not skip any of the first six (6) monthly payments.
- Skip-A-Payment application must be received five (5) days before the payment is due.
- If Skip-A-Payment application is not received by the due date, an extension will be effective the next month.
- Maximum of five (5) extensions per loan agreement.
- Maximum of two (2) Skip-A-Payment transactions are available per rolling 12-month period.
- Consecutive monthly payments cannot be skipped.
- Loan payment cannot be skipped within ninety (90) days of the last skipped payment.
- The donation to skip a payment must be available in an existing Neighborhood Credit Union account; the donation cannot be added to the loan.
- Member agrees to repay the loan according to terms of the Loan and Security Agreement.
- On a collateralized loan if GAP has been purchased and upon filing the GAP Claim, the GAP Claim may not cover the skipped payments.
Loan Types that Qualify for Skip-A-Payment
*When a payment is deferred, the finance charges continue to accrue on your outstanding loan balance from the date your last payment was made and extends your repayment period. Skip-a-Payment must be processed 5 days before due date if payment is deducted from another financial institution in order to be deferred for the month requested. Loan and Accounts cannot be past due and must be in good standing. ($25 min in savings required) Skip-a-Payment does not apply towards Deposit Secured Loans, Quick Cash Loans, Mortgage Loans, Single Payment Loans, Overdraft Loans, Lines of Credit or Credit Cards. Other restrictions may apply. May not skip any of the first six (6) monthly payments. Must not have used the Skip-a-Payment in the past 90 days. Max of 5 skips per life of loan. Max of 2 skips per calendar year. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Children’s Health Center Dallas.
Who We Are
As an active part of the community for 93 years, Neighborhood Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial organization serving the state of Texas with branch locations in Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, and Tarrant counties. With assets topping $1 billion, Neighborhood Credit Union has a continuously growing membership of over 60,000. For more information, call (214) 748-9393 or visit our homepage.