We're here to help.
The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting us all, and some more than others when it comes to finances. During this time, we're going through each request personally to see how we can best help our members.
How does it work?
By skipping a payment, you are adding it to the end of the loan which could extend the term or maturity. Keep in mind it will still be accruing daily interest at the determined rate, and if your next payment does not cover the interest accrued, it will be taken out of each payment until satisfied. Skipped payments are processed for a period of one month at a time. (Ex: Two biweekly, two semi-monthly, or four weekly.)
How do I qualify?
Qualifications to extend one monthly, two biweekly, two semi-monthly, or four weekly payments include:
- All Loans and Accounts must be current and in good standing.
- Membership savings must have a balance of at least $25.00.
- Loan must not be past due.
- May not skip any of the first six (6) monthly payments.
- Skip-A-Payment application must be received five (5) days before the payment is due.
- If Skip-A-Payment application is not received by the due date, extension will be effective the next month.
- Maximum of five (5) extensions per loan agreement.
- Maximum of two (2) Skip A Payment transactions are available per rolling 12 month period.
- Consecutive monthly payments cannot be skipped.
- Loan payment cannot be skipped within ninety (90) days of the last skipped payment.
- The fee to skip a payment must be available in an existing Neighborhood CU account, the fee cannot be added to the loan.
- Member agrees to repay the loan according to terms of the Loan and Security Agreement.
- On a collateralized loan if GAP has been purchased and upon filing the GAP Claim, the GAP Claim may not cover the skipped payments.
How much does it cost?
- Requests through Online and Mobile Banking: $35.00 Skip A Payment fee per loan payment skipped.
- Requests made by mail, by phone or in branch: $50.00 Skip A Payment fee per loan payment skipped. The fee cannot be added onto the loan, funds must come from an existing Neighborhood CU account or cash (in branch only).
Auto loans, Signature Personal loans, and Recreational Vehicle loans.
Terms and Conditions
- my account must be current and in good standing
- my loan must be more than six months old
- my loan has not been skipped in the last 90 days (or twice within the last 12 months)
- and I am not otherwise in default.
I understand that by taking advantage of the Skip A Payment offer, interest will continue to accrue on the unpaid balance of my loan and my loan will be extended for each Skip A Payment granted.
This request must be submitted at least five business days prior to your payment due date.
Payment deductions from other financial institutions will be deferred for the month requested and will continue as scheduled for the following month. The following loan types do not qualify for Skip A Payment program: deposit secured loans, quick cash loans, mortgage loans, single payment loans, overdraft loans, lines of credit or credit cards. Other restrictions may apply.
By clicking the button below, you will be launching the chat platform to speak with one of our customer service associates.