During the holiday season, support local children at Children’s Health!℠
For a fee of $40 or more to Children’s Health, Neighborhood Credit Union will let qualifying members skip a November or December auto or personal loan payment*.
How does it work?
By skipping a payment, you are adding it to the end of the loan which could extend the term or maturity. Keep in mind it will still be accruing daily interest at the determined rate, and if your next payment does not cover the interest accrued, it will be taken out of each payment until satisfied. Skipped payments are processed for a period of one month at a time. (Ex: Two biweekly, two semi-monthly, or four weekly.)
How do I qualify?
Qualifications to extend one monthly, two biweekly, two semi-monthly, or four weekly payments include:
- All Loans and Accounts must be current and in good standing.
- Membership savings must have a balance of at least $25.00.
- Loan must not be past due.
- May not skip any of the first six (6) monthly payments.
- Skip-A-Payment application must be received five (5) days before the payment is due.
- If Skip-A-Payment application is not received by the due date, extension will be effective the next month.
- Maximum of five (5) extensions per loan agreement.
- Maximum of two (2) Skip A Payment transactions are available per rolling 12 month period.
- Consecutive monthly payments cannot be skipped.
- Loan payment cannot be skipped within ninety (90) days of the last skipped payment.
- The fee to skip a payment must be available in an existing Neighborhood CU account, the fee cannot be added to the loan.
- Member agrees to repay the loan according to terms of the Loan and Security Agreement.
- On a collateralized loan if GAP has been purchased and upon filing the GAP Claim, the GAP Claim may not cover the skipped payments.
How much does it cost?
- Requests through Online and Mobile Banking: $40.00 Skip-A-Payment fee per loan payment skipped.
- Requests made by mail, email, or in branch: $55.00 Skip-A-Payment fee per loan payment skipped. The fee cannot be added onto the loan, funds must come from an existing Neighborhood CU account or check.
Auto loans, Signature Personal loans, and Recreational Vehicle loans.
- my account must be current and in good standing
- my loan must be more than six months old
- my loan has not been skipped in the last 90 days (or twice within the last 12 months)
- and I am not otherwise in default.
I understand that by taking advantage of the Skip A Payment offer, interest will continue to accrue on the unpaid balance of my loan and my loan will be extended for each Skip A Payment granted.
This request must be submitted at least five business days prior to your payment due date.
*When a payment is deferred, the finance charges continue to accrue on your outstanding loan balance from the date your last payment was made and extends your repayment period. The Skip-a-Pay fee must be processed 5 days before due date if payment is deducted from another financial institution in order to be deferred for the month requested. Loan and Accounts cannot be past due and must be in good standing. ($25 min in savings required) Skip-a-Pay does not apply towards Deposit Secured Loans, Quick Cash Loans, Mortgage Loans, Single Payment Loans, Overdraft Loans, Lines of Credit, Projects Plus Home Loan or Credit Cards. Other restrictions may apply. May not skip any of the first six (6) monthly payments. Must not have used Skip-a-Pay in the past 90 days. Max of 5 skips per life of loan. Max of 2 skips per calendar year. 100% of monies collected from Skip-a-Pay fees up to $25,000 will be transferred to our Neighborhood Credit Union Foundation for charitable giving to Children's Health and any excess monies will be withheld for future charitable giving or for operational expenditures of Neighborhood CU.