2021 Student Scholarship Contest
2020 was a year unlike any other and many experienced virtual, erratic learning for the first time. What kept you motivated to do your best in school, and how has this uniquely prepared you for the future?
The world changed in 2020. Due to COVID-19, social distancing and stay-at-home orders became the new normal everywhere. Students had to adjust to virtual learning – something most have never had to do before. For many, the changing reality of this pandemic may have caused focusing on classes and future careers extremely difficult. For our 2021 scholarship awards, we want to hear what kept you motivated no matter your learning situation, and what unique lessons you’re taking with you.
Neighborhood Credit Union will be awarding THREE $1,000 scholarships for current high school seniors and college freshmen. To be eligible, you must meet all of the following:
- Have an account at Neighborhood Credit Union or be related to a member of the credit union.
- Must be a high school senior or college freshman (in good standing) with at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Must be planning to attend/attending a two-year or four-year accredited university or college.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
You may complete one (1) of the following for submission answering the prompt above:
- Essay: Word count must be between 1,000 and 1,500 words, OR
- Video: Record a video between 30 seconds and 2 minutes in length. Be sure to upload to YouTube and include link with your entry email.
Winners announced on May 1, 2021.
*Do not send any confidential information over email.