Financial Service Representative (Float Teller)
Full-time position. Travel required (DFW Metroplex). Mileage reimbursement available.
Under supervision, and in accordance with existing policies, procedures and systems, provides a variety of member service functions involving the receipting and/or disbursing of funds and cross-selling credit union products and services. Work involves constant and direct dealing with credit union members and potential members, and requires the ability to accurately record information and communicate effectively. Work might be performed on the teller platform or at a drive-thru window. This position will require some evening and Saturday hours.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides one or more of the following services for members, in person, by telephone or by mail:
- Processes deposits to share, share draft, and other savings accounts.
- Monitors deposit amounts, and examines documents for endorsement and negotiability.
- Disburses cash or check withdrawals.
- Provides official checks and credit card advances.
- Receives loan payments and service charge payments for services.
- Processes transfers between accounts as required.
- Redeems US Savings Bonds.
- Operates on-line teller terminal and accurately records amounts received and prepares reports of transactions.
- Opens/closes teller terminal daily, accounts for cash assigned, received, disbursed. Accurately balances to teller terminal close report and remits daily work to supervisor for disposition.
- Actively markets and cross-sells current and new products and services of the credit union and educates members on the features and benefits of new, as well as, existing services.
- Follows all policies and procedures regulated by the credit union, including guidelines for preventing fraud and robbery, as well as governmental policies and procedures.
- Performs such other functions that might be needed from time to time, and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); plus one to two years related experience in a retail sales environment or related cash handling, or six months teller experience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, percentages, ratios and basic algebraic expressions
- Ability to meet required monthly sales goals
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, procedures, and correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members, potential members and other employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including telephone, 10-key by touch, facsimile machine, photocopier, etc
By clicking the button below, you will be launching the chat platform to speak with one of our customer service associates.