Facilities Technician 1
Works under general supervision, but according to established policies and procedures to handle all of Neighborhood Credit Union’s daily receiving, scanning, sorting, and delivery of USPS, special carrier, and interoffice mail. Ensures mail is picked up according to the established interoffice mail schedule and delivered to the appropriate branch locations and/or mailed out in a timely manner. Also will learn how to perform routine maintenance and repairs in the areas of locksmith, plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine and electrical services for all facilities. Provides storage and retrieval of facility department supplies, equipment, etc. Maintains upkeep of all credit union vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Delivers and picks up Inter office mail on designated days.
- Performs minor and routine maintenance repairs.
- Maintains multiple storage areas for facility supplies, equipment, etc.
- Maintains all tools and supplies for facility department.
- Sweeps, mops, and vacuums hallways and office space as needed.
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and HVAC equipment.
- Services credit union vehicles, such as checking fluid levels and replenishing fuel and maintains log of such service. Schedules routine maintenance such as oil changes, tire care, etc. Reports needed repairs to Assistant Vice President.
- Performs such other functions that might be needed from time to time, and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Clean criminal record
- Basic ability to operate a PC
- General knowledge of vehicle maintenance
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as copier, fax and postage machine