Mobile Deposit Guide
How Do I Sign Up for Mobile Deposit?
If you have a Neighborhood Credit Union checking account and are registered for online banking, Mobile Deposit is already available in your MyNCU Mobile App to qualified members! You will be prompted to accept the terms and conditions.
How to Endorse Your Check
To deposit your check, you MUST:Keep in Mind
- Sign your name as the payee (if the check is payable to two people, both need to be signers on the account and both sign the back of the check); AND
- Write “For mobile deposit only at Neighborhood CU”
- Do not destroy the check for at least 30 days.
- The check cannot be stale-dated (older than six months).
- The written numeric amount needs to match the number amount.
If the back of the check is not properly endorsed we reserve the right to reject the check for deposit.
Deposit Limits & Funds Availability
Deposit limits vary from $0.01 - $5,000. Deposits into checking accounts will have a 2-business day hold on the deposit amount over $225. Deposits into savings accounts and Shared Branching accounts will have a 7-business day hold. All other conditions for Shared Branching apply.
Types of Checks Not Accepted
Third-party checks, checks issued outside the US, incomplete and post-dated checks. Savings Bonds, Traveler’s checks and Money Order are also not accepted and other restrictions may apply.