Full-Time: No open positions at this time. View all open positions.
System Administrator provides hands-on technical knowledge of the daily business systems used here at Neighborhood Credit U. Activities require conceptual and practical application, as well as diagnosing and resolving problems. This position is well suited to a highly experienced person with a broad background in using our core systems, and someone that can handle multiple tasks/projects. Must be highly organized, a team player, flexible, and open to having fun learning to administer the systems they’ve used. Work is performed with little supervision and requires strong initiative and good judgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for the effective and timely performance of assigned functions.
- Performs user provisioning through secure, role-based access configurations of business systems in accordance with credit union’s internal policies, procedures, and regulatory compliance. Provides the support necessary for the most effective utilization of systems and relative integration. Implements governance and lifecycle management.
- Collaborates with the DP staff to identify, plan and develop methods and procedures of data processing and integrated operations. Recommends changes in program scheduling, workflows, routines, and quality control standards.
- Administer and support widely used CU business systems and integration. (Internet & Mobile Banking, Fiserv Portals, Ensenta/Remote Deposit Capture, IP/Teller Capture, ECM, Ascensus/IRA Direct, CUNA Admin Portal, Credit and Debit Admin portals, and Adobe applications)
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional business relations with customers, other financial institutions, and merchants.
- Maintains vendor relations for a variety of core systems utilizing general knowledge of Episys, Meridian Link (loan/account origination systems), Synapsys (MRM), PSCU (EFT/ATM) interfaces, cash flow management (CFM).
- Consults with third party vendors, programmers, and technical specialists to solve problems, test new and modified core programs, observe operations, correct errors, and facilitate revisions to minimize down time for core data processing systems, interfaces, and relative peripheral equipment issues.
- Facilitate and lead employees in a variety of core system beta and disaster recovery/business continuity procedures, and annual testing requirements.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relations with company personnel and with management.
Coordinates with the appropriate subject matter experts for the purpose of understanding and safeguarding relative sensitive data. Promotes and educates staff regarding data security awareness.
Presents ideas, leads discussions, and generally collaborates with credit union employees to produce innovative solutions, document the design, use and administration of core systems in a clear, detailed, and formal manner.
Conceptualizes custom solutions, and integration methods to support the implementation, maintenance, and operations of automated core processes which will improve productivity and knowledge sharing.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
Provide hands-on technical knowledge in a professional and timely manner using the department’s trouble ticket system designed to improve department’s management of support and operational issues.
Remains abreast of computer technology and trends in search of potential improvements in various systems that might enhance the credit union’s ability to deliver products and services to staff and members
Performs other functions that might be needed from time to time and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or a minimum of 3 years equivalent combination of education and knowledge gained within a business environment with increasing responsibilities for management and support of data processing systems technology.
- Required Knowledge:
- Comprehensive knowledge of business principles and techniques of administration, organization, information management systems usage
- Experience Required:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience and an in-depth understanding of the key business issues that exist in the credit union industry or a related field within a core data processing environment. Experience working within a Microsoft enterprise environment.
- Critical thinking and analytic orientation: Ability to prioritize and use excellent time management skills, work well in stressful situations while maintaining an overall positive attitude and good sense of humor. Ability to undertake research, analyze data, and apply results in problem solving and decision making. Possess quantitative skills utilizing numeric data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Leadership and judgment:
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of credit union services and products. Tenacious decision maker, with strong business acumen and ability to bring a sound, aggressive, and responsible approach to leading and training employees to leverage the capabilities of data core systems and applications. Must use exceptional verbal and written communications skills to effectively work with teams, vendors, and clients from diverse backgrounds. Must work well with others across the organization and foster innovation, drive critical decisions, and consistently deliver results.
- Ability and willingness to work alone or with large, diverse groups to deliver projects independently in a fast-paced business environment. Possess problem solving skills, natural curiosity and result-oriented individuals who not only identify problems but create solutions.
- Project Management skills:
- Effectively work with others to drive individuals to contribute optimally within group projects, and complete projects within required time frames
- Teamwork abilities:
- Able to work with a cross-functional team, in large diverse groups to handle cross functional initiatives, and bridge the gap between the business operations (credit union departments) and technology.