Responsible for assisting in planning, developing, and implementing training activities throughout the Neighborhood Credit Union. Identifies training needs and designs support materials including audio-visual aids, computer presentations, manuals, workbooks, and scripts. Assists in evaluating the effectiveness of training programs and employee performance. Ensures that ongoing development of all employees reflects strategic priorities and quality service to members.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for developing and implementing effective Training policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assists management in identifying Neighborhood Credit Union training and development needs.
- Designs and develops training procedures and programs. Prepares audio-visual aids, training manuals, scripts, checklists and tests.
- Conducts training sessions to ensure Neighborhood Credit Union personnel are effective in their respective positions.
- Conduct workshops or classes for new products, policies, and procedures for all staff.
- Assists in coordinating and scheduling training activities.
- Completes training functions in accordance with established programs and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel and with Management
- Assists and informs personnel as needed.
- Keeps management well informed of training activities and of any significant problems.
- Completes required reports, records, and other documentation.
- Ensures procedures stay up to date and posted on Neighborhood Credit Union’s intranet.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Writes and prepares training articles and procedures.
- Keeps informed on new developments, methods, and techniques in the training field to determine new or improved training methods as well as new and improved content materials.
Knowledge and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Required Knowledge
Understanding of job functions and operations at all levels.
Knowledge of training systems and resources.
- Experience Required
- One to two years of related experience with member service and coaching front line staff, assisting them in meeting their monthly goals.
- Solid oral and communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to plan, develop, and implement curriculum.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on one and team situations.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in developing training manuals, exercises, procedures as well as in producing routine reports and correspondence.
- Well organized.
- Able to utilize training equipment and technology.
- Able to use 10-key, PC, teller terminal, telephone, card machine, and all related business equipment.