Senior Financial Services Representative / Teller
Dynamic individual seeking to serve members with both their transactional needs and digital experiences in the branch atmosphere. Constantly seeking opportunities for conversations to uncover financial needs and referring members to the appropriate channels and technology to meet those needs, creating the most efficient and pleasant member experience. Always fixed on doing the right thing for the member as they participate in a team setting with other individuals who strive to have fun while being professional.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Helps to control the flow of traffic at the branch while creating a pleasant, welcoming and secure environment for all who enter.
- Provides world class service as they serve members through financial transactions and guide them with in-branch technology that may include:
- Processing deposits to share, share draft, and other savings accounts.
- Monitoring deposit amounts, and examining documents for endorsement and negotiability.
- Disbursing cash or check withdrawals.
- Providing official checks and credit card advances.
- Receiving loan payments and service charge payments for services.
- Processing transfers between accounts as required.
- Redeeming US Savings Bonds.
- Processing shared service center transactions.
- Strongly advocates our digital channels while educating members on the ease of utilizing these services.
- Actively markets and cross-sells current and new products and services of the credit union and educates members on the features and benefits of new, as well as, existing services.
- Responsible for ensuring branch supplies are maintained.
- Heavily involved in vault operations, ordering of cash and monitoring of recycler cash flow.
- Available to other FSRs for questions related to FSR duties and responsibilities and provides check approvals, exceptions on member accounts and security overrides within approved limits.
- Follows all policies and procedures regulated by the credit union, including guidelines for preventing fraud and robbery, as well as governmental policies and procedures.
- Meets a monthly referral goal as set by the Branch Manager.
- Performs such other functions that might be needed from time to time, and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); plus minimum one year of college credit hours.
- Two years related experience and/or training; previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, procedures, and correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members, potential members and other employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Ability to operate customary office machines such as photocopier, telephone, fax machine, etc.
- Basic computer skills operating in a Windows environment, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.