Senior Financial Services Representative
Under supervision, and in accordance with existing policies, procedures and systems, provides a variety of member service functions involving the receipting and/or disbursing of funds (i.e., check, cash) and cross-selling credit union products and services. Work involves constant and direct dealing with credit union members and potential members, and requires the ability to accurately record information and communicate effectively. Work might be performed on the teller platform or at the Drive-Through windows.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides one or more of the following services for members in person, by telephone or by mail:
- Processes deposits to share, share draft, and other savings accounts.
- Monitors deposit amounts, and examine documents for endorsement and negotiability.
- Disburses cash or check withdrawals.
- Provides official checks and credit card advances.
- Receives loan payments and service charge payments for services.
- Processes transfers between accounts as required.
- Redeems US Savings Bonds.
- Processes shared service center transactions.
- Operates on-line teller terminal and accurately records amounts received and prepares reports of transactions.
- Opens/closes teller terminal daily, accounts for cash assigned, received, disbursed. Accurately balances to teller terminal close report and remits daily work to supervisor for disposition.
- Assists with ordering cash, supplying cash as needed, and removing cash to vault to reduce drawer limits when appropriate and assists in balancing vault daily.
- Available to other FSRs for questions related to FSR duties and responsibilities and provides check approvals, exceptions on member accounts and security overrides within approved limits.
- Actively markets and cross-sells current and new products and services of the credit union and educates members on the features and benefits of new, as well as, existing services.
- Follows all policies and procedures regulated by the credit union, including guidelines for preventing fraud and robbery, as well as governmental policies and procedures.
- Performs such other functions that might be needed from time to time, and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); plus two years related experience and/or training. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Ability to meet and exceed monthly sales/referrals and branch goals
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, procedures, and correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members, potential members and other employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
By clicking the button below, you will be launching the chat platform to speak with one of our customer service associates.