Develop and implement efficient and effective project portfolio management practices that best support the needs and strategic alignment of the organization. Coordinate the formulation of cross functional projects, including support, facilitating, and developing project charters. Support the organization with accurate and timely reporting of overall portfolio program status, project cost, scope, schedules, resource assessment and management. Provide functional managers insight to mitigate risk. Facilitate proactive issue identification while working with project sponsors, stakeholders, and staff to identify and resolve issues at the lowest level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the organization with overall project portfolio management to ensure continued alignment of projects with established product, service, and business priorities.
- Establishes and is responsible for project scope, goals, milestones, tasks, required resources, and provides timely and accurate cost, scope, and schedule status to all levels of the organization.
- Aid managers with project prioritization within the context of budgets, resources constraints, opportunities, risks, and maintain priorities throughout project execution.
- Collaborate with functional managers to facilitate project portfolio management, establish project roles and responsibilities to support effective and consistent project management practices that include the coordination of cross functional team planning and help ensure alignment between the functions and roadmap priorities, process standardization and improvement efforts.
- Support resource pool utilization analysis to provide functional managers the ability to better plan and manage project resources proactively.
- Ensures projects close effectively through proper production handoff, documentation of learning and completion of feedback on project resource performance.
- Support and/or oversee compliance to project planning, tracking, and reporting requirements according to the organizations policies and procedures.
- Support and oversee the Credit Union’s Vendor Management process within the project process to include required new vendor due diligence and annual updates.
- Ensure the required vendor due diligence documentation is maintained and that all the information is archived before a vendor is allowed access.
- Ensure data governance by escalating contracts to legal resources, assessing risk prior to signing, and document any issues with the vendors so that it can be considered during renewals.
- Act as a liaison between IT department, vendors, and credit union business units to manage complex interaction of multiple technical and business stakeholders that span multiple business units, departments, and functions within the credit union.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and 3 years of proven project management experience or equivalent combination of education and knowledge gained within a business environment consisting of 5+ years’ experience with at least 3 years of proven project management experience within a financial institution.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management to include an in-depth understanding of the key business issues. These include, but are not limited to, knowledge of strategic and operational planning, financial and cost analysis, and trends in financial technology.
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
- Project Management Software
- Microsoft SharePoint knowledge preferred
- Thorough understanding of project management methodologies, phases, techniques, and tools (Initiation, Design, Implementation & Control, and Close).
- Experience in project/task prioritization and time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish/recommend policies on system use and services, write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents; data processing, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Experience in speaking effectively before groups of managers, employees, or directors of organization
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and be resourceful.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, implement resolutions, carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to work well under stressful situations and handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining an overall positive attitude and good sense of humor.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills required.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of credit union services and products.