This position performs administration and maintenance in complex communications network, handle multiple projects, be highly organized, a team player, flexible and stay updated on advancements in technology. This position is well suited to a highly technical experienced IT generalist with a wide range of responsibilities having the ability to work well under stressful situations while maintaining an overall positive attitude and good sense of humor. Work is performed with little supervision, and requires initiative and judgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Network security and administration to support credit union’s changing needs, ensure the most effective utilization and performance of all systems, and provide end user access support.
- Technology deployments such as network server solutions, end user workstation imaging, operating system upgrades, patch management, installation of hardware and peripheral components and network upgrades
- Provide hands-on technical knowledge of day to day, 24/7 support calls in a professional and timely manner using the department’s trouble ticket system designed to improve department’s management of support and operations issues. Supports IT/IS Staff in identifying all facets of enterprise business application systems and relative interface needs, performs user provisioning, support and administration necessary to support and ensure the most effective utilization and performance of core data systems, including EFT/ATM core interfaces. To be done in accordance with credit union’s internal policies, procedures, and regulatory compliance.
- Provides support for voice communication systems, including administration and programming of phone systems and development of computer telephony integration applications
- Provides support to monitor and maintain network security and integrity of data on network systems; data is backed-up according to established procedures
- Maintenance and upgrades to video, voice, and data communication, network, servers, peripheral equipment and software
- Provides support for network printing, both vendor and end user related issues
- Analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer issues in a timely and accurate manner, and provide end user security awareness training as necessary. Operates personal computer using various software programs including but not limited to databases, word processing, spreadsheet, and email; in addition to supporting various departments in developing use of these applications and resolving operating problems
- Coordinates with the appropriate subject matter experts for the purpose of data categorization, understanding the importance of safeguarding relative sensitive data, including confidential core systems data, promote/educate staff regarding information security awareness.
- Provides support for browser based client access systems, configuration, user credentials, SSL certificate requests and installation
- Provides excellent service to internal staff and external members and all business partners and vendors to ensure the most positive experience during all credit union interactions. Consults with third party vendors, programmers and technical specialists to solve problems, test new and modified core programs, observe operations, correct errors and revise protocol to facilitate data input and eliminate down time for core data processing systems, interfaces and relative peripheral equipment issues.
- Presents ideas, leads discussions, and generally collaborates with IT/IS staff to produce innovative solutions, document the design, use and administration of core systems in a clear, detailed and formal manner.
- Supports the IT/IS Staff in maintaining the credit union’s Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan to ensure that the credit union stays in regulatory compliance with regard to data processing critical server systems.
- Prepares and reviews daily production operating schedules and down time records and recommends changes in programs, routines, and quality control standards to improve computer operating efficiency.
- Remains abreast of networking technology trends that would improve end user productivity and enhance the credit union’s ability to deliver products and services to members.
- Performs other functions that might be needed from time to time and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience with application systems design and development process, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management.
- 2+ years’ experience working with in-house enterprise system processing, administration, security and
- 5+ years’ experience working within LAN/WAN complex enterprise environment including use of hardware and software associated with network systems, operating systems maintenance and support, disaster recovery/business continuity planning.
- Experience in project/task prioritization and time management skills.
- Experience with daily help desk functions such as effectively responding to emergency production problems, repairs, software/hardware changes and adjustments as necessary
- Experience with enterprise Internet application systems support
- Experience within a mission critical environment involving disaster recovery/business continuity planning. (including installation, implementation and support of PC, LAN/WAN based applications)
- Implementation and enterprise support experience with the following technologies, current versions:
- Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- MS Exchange/Lync/SharePoint – unified communications
- MS SQL Administration and query syntax preferred
- Electronic Content Management systems
- Enterprise Help Desk and Inventory Management systems
- Enterprise systems application deployment and management
- Enterprise backup systems
- Enterprise Malware systems – AV, URL Content & Email filtering systems
- Mobile Device Management systems
- Network Monitoring Performance Tools
- Network Communications equipment
- Imaging Tools
- Remote Administration Tools
- TCP/IP, VoIP
- Windows Desktop/Server Operating Systems Management
- Mac Desktop/Server Operating Systems Management
- Adobe applications
- Microsoft Office programs
- Microsoft SharePoint knowledge
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, implement resolutions, carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to establish/recommend policies on system use and services, write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability and willingness to work alone, and irregular hours and days.
- Ability to work with individuals of all levels and varying technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
By clicking the button below, you will be launching the chat platform to speak with one of our customer service associates.