Call Center/Member Services Representative
Location: Corporate Office (North Dallas)
Answer inbound/outbound calls to assist members with account inquiries, resolve account concerns, and educate on the use of the products and services offered by the credit union, while providing a high-quality service experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer inbound calls, or returns calls, for account, product or service inquiries related to an existing account or how to open a new account. Such inquires could include stop payments, address change inquires, bank to bank transfers, account usage charges, researching interest earned or paid, resolving account discrepancies, and more.
- Provide assistance related to opening or closing a debit card or credit card, filing a dispute, preparing documentation or directing member accordingly.
- Process requested transactions according to credit union guidelines including but not limited to Share Transfers, check withdrawals, loan payments and other.
- Provide assistance to inquiries received in mails, fax, or other mediums.
- Provide basic assistance to inquiries for Online & Mobile Banking, reset passwords, SMS Text Banking, and other digital services offered by credit union.
- Be attentive to the Departmental Call Queues and ensure availability to assist incoming calls.
- Use credit union systems to accurately retrieve information. Systems include but are not limited to Core Account Platform, Debit & Credit Platforms, Online Banking platforms, and others.
- Provide service that meets or exceeds credit union expectations to ensure a good member experience.
- Make every effort to deescalate calls by maintaining calm presence, professional conduct, and using appropriate service and empathy skills.
- Ensure that all credit union member and employee related business is treated with the strictest confidentially.
- Attend, and participate in scheduled meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned. Perform such other functions that may be needed from time to time and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
- Meet minimum benchmarked performance for position, i.e. call adherence measurements, quality scoring adherences, after call surveys, and attendance adherence.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); and six months to one-year related experience in a customer/member service environment.
- Ability to operate PC and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to learn new platforms and applications.
- Ability to speak effectively to members and employees of the organization; both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, rates, percentages, ratios.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, orally or diagram form.
- Basic knowledge of credit union products and services.