Call Center/Member Services Representative
Location: Corporate Office (North Dallas)
The overarching objective for this position is to ensure that Neighborhood Credit Union is providing an excellent member experience by responding promptly and accurately to member’s concerns and offering additional products and services that will enhance member’s financial wellbeing.
Responsible for performing a broad array of support services received from telephone calls and other methods (postal mail and email) about the products and services offered by Neighborhood Credit Union. The services will include but are not limited to updating account information for adding or removing account services, opening and closing accounts; responding to inquiries about rates and renewals, including IRA accounts; resolves savings and checking account concerns, discrepancies and disputes; assists members with logging into Online and Mobile banking, utilizes the Digital Assistant, chat, and chatbots; responds to inquiries about the Online services offered; performs approved transactions such as transferring funds, mailing a check withdrawal, assisting members with bank-to-bank wire services, retrieving prior periodic statements, and other monetary and non-monetary requests. Responds to questions about credit, debit, checks, ACH, and other payment services, and all other products and services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for the effective and timely performance of assigned functions.
- Provides an exemplary member experience by demonstrating caring, knowledge, professionalism, accuracy, and necessary follow-up when managing a member’s concern or request.
- Promptly and professionally responds to calls, and other interactions from both external and internal members regarding the operation of services offered by Neighborhood Credit Union.
- Responsible for achieving monthly Key Performance Indicators, performance goals and quality assurance goals.
- Troubleshoots, reports, and resolves issues that impact members not having access to the digital platforms, debit cards and other vital services.
- Engaged in learning activities that promote job expertise, and outstanding service delivery.
- Provides general and operational information that will help members successfully utilize the programs, products and services offered to enhance their financial well-being.
- Performs routine maintenance updates to accounts as authorized by member or Neighborhood Credit Union.
- Maintains adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations, and internal controls including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Regulation E and the Privacy Act.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional business relations with customers, other financial institutions, and merchants.
- Accurately completes daily/weekly/monthly activity tracking and statistical reporting.
- Keeps supervisor or leader informed of area activities and significant concerns.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Function as a liaison representing the needs of Neighborhood Credit Union to maintain and enhance a vendor/partner relationship.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relations with Company personnel and with management.
- Maintains effective communications and professionalism when interacting with colleagues and management.
- Is adaptable, coachable, and teachable.
- Accountable for actions, and decisions and takes ownership of situations.
- Ensures understanding by asking appropriate questions, and conducting research when requesting assistance from others.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Willingly assists other departments as necessary to provide an excellent member experience.
- Actively and effectively offers additional products and services to enhance member’s financial well-being.
- Documents interactions with members in appropriate portal(s).
- Keeps work area clean, secured, and well maintained.
Knowledge and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Required Knowledge
- General knowledge of credit union policies, and procedures.
- General knowledge of online and mobile banking platforms.
- General knowledge of digital services and applications.
- General banking knowledge.
- Experience Required
- One to two years of related experience.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Ability to analyze accounts.
- Attentive to detail.
- Well organized.
- Ability to manage the demands of the job.
- Ability to assist others.
- Able to use 10-key, PC, telephone, and other related business equipment and application software and platforms.