Member Experience Specialist
Motivated individual seeking to deepen financial relationships with existing members and initiate new relationships in the community. Considered a digital expert, empowering members to embrace technology while effectively educating them on the ease and convenience. Maintains an enthusiastic approach to receiving members and visitors at the branch and guiding them through the new account process while uncovering their financial needs and actively suggesting products and services to help them achieve their goals. Maintains ownership of doing the right thing for the member while embracing NCU’s core values and mission of building financial relationships in our communities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains ownership of delivering a consistent exceptional member service experience to visitors and members alike; Encourages member usage of online reviews to validate service delivery standards.
- Interviews members to obtain information and explain available financial products and services including electronic delivery systems; Documents pertinent member information using internal CRM for future follow-up.
- Helps to control the flow of traffic at the branch while creating a pleasant, welcoming and secure environment for all who enter.
- Assists members with service requests while educating members on best possible solutions and future options to provide them with the most efficient member experience.
- Ability to read all credit bureaus to determine which products are most beneficial for the individual member including uncovering lending needs.
- Actively involved with the front line staff coaching them in conversations that will help them successfully uncover members’ needs.
- Strongly advocates our digital channels while educating members on the ease of utilizing these services.
- Cognizant of individual sales goals, branch production and impact to organizational success; Leads with integrity and approaches sales opportunities with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Consistently conducts follow-up as part of Onboarding expectations for new members; Reinforces greatest member satisfaction and a lifetime relationship between Neighborhood Credit Union and the member.
- Actively engaged in supporting on-site SEG visits, community events and maintaining a fully committed relationship to the Business Development and Community Relationship team to stimulate branch business and relationships.
- Follows all policies and procedures regulated by the credit union, including guidelines for preventing fraud and robbery, as well as governmental policies and procedures.
- Assists front line staff with teller transactions as the volume of the branch and traffic dictate.
- Performs such other functions that might be needed from time to time, and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); plus some college.
- Minimum of two years’ related experience and/or training.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unity of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, procedures, and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members, potential members, visitors and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to operate customary office machines such as photocopier, telephone, fax machine, etc.
- Basic computer skills operating in a Window environment, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to travel to various branch locations or community events as needed.