Marketing Content Specialist
Full-Time: Downtown Dallas (Corporate)
This position requires a fun, creative individual who takes initiative and isn’t interested in working within the assumed boundaries. Here you have the opportunity to make a valuable, immediate impact and we need someone with the ideas and work ethic to match it. As the Marketing Content Specialist, you have outstanding communication skills to execute our content marketing strategy, social media, and corporate communications. You can also self-manage, have excellent planning abilities, and are always eager to learn ways to stay industry relevant. A passion for engaging with and influencing the public is a must, as you are the voice of the credit union.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates effective original content including blog, newsletter articles, video, press releases and other informational, promotional and educational materials for specific target audiences or for general distribution to members and leads.
- Prioritize search engine optimization (SEO) and the customer journey when planning and executing online content marketing strategy, including ongoing keyword research and analyzation to drive valuable web traffic, developing link building strategies, user experience, and writing powerful calls-to-action to convert visitors. Will be responsible for KPIs and utilizing reporting to study and optimize results.
- Supports and coordinates credit union social media ads, content promotion and posts for member engagement and credit union activities. As well as planning the weekly Social Media calendar each year.
- Lead nurturing through multi-channel and targeted email marketing. Qualify and segment leads, create campaigns with personalized content and clear intent, and track user behavior to continuously optimize the customer journey.
- Promotes Community Relations team events with sufficient social media, blog and event coverage, including, but not limited to on-site photography and videos. Participates in events as needed, which could be outside of normal work hours.
- Responsible for resolution and response to social media and online reviews, directly contributing to online brand management. This includes private and public comments/messages.
- Ability to adapt to project circumstances and reprioritize workload, as well as coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Responsible for official communications to credit union membership in various mediums, e.g. changes to products/services, letters from the CEO, system outage or maintenance updates, and other membership messages as needed.
- Performs such other functions that might be needed from time to time, and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
Knowledge and Experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College degree required, Marketing or related field and a minimum of one year in a related position
- Strong writing skills are a must. Experience in content creation and SEO are a plus
- Creative eye for layout, design and typography
- Experience with various social media platforms and social media management tools (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Sprout Social or Hootsuite)
- Proficiency with video and photo editing software e.g. Adobe CS5 suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro, and Photoshop)
- Ability to operate Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Word, a MCIF and miscellaneous marketing software that might be applicable from time to time preferred
- Personal strengths include multitasking, flexibility, teamwork, time management, initiative, positive attitude and problem solving
- Ability to operate all standard office machinery such as: photocopier, telephone, printer and occasionally overhead projector, scanner and television
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
By clicking the button below, you will be launching the chat platform to speak with one of our customer service associates.