Facilities Technician 2
Open LocationsFull-Time: North Dallas Corporate
Performs routine maintenance and repairs in the areas of locksmith, plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine and electrical services for 15 facilities. Provides storage and retrieval of facility department supplies, equipment, etc. Maintains upkeep of all credit union vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for the effective and timely performance of assigned functions.
- Physically completes and/or coordinates preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, routine inspections including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, life safety, plumbing, drywall, painting, carpentry, transporting, furniture moves and or assembly, landscaping, irrigation repairs and pest control. Makes recommendations to management concerning repairs or additions.
- Services credit union vehicles, supports onsite and offsite NCU construction, events, meetings, and planned moves.
- Develops and maintains records and inventory lists that help track spending and repairs. Maintains key inventory for all locations.
- Occasionally supports scheduled courier runs in company vehicle to include mail delivery, posting and delivering outgoing mail to post office, receiving and delivering packages, equipment, boxes, and furniture.
- Maintains multiple storage areas for facility supplies and equipment.
Knowledge and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- At least one year of related electrical and plumbing experience.
- Required Knowledge
- Able to read technical reference manuals.
- Understanding of equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
- Experience Required
- One to two years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate well with others.
- Ability to prioritize, analyze and troubleshoot incidents.
- Ability to use various hand tools.
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Able to operate related computer programs effectively.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.