Community Relations Officer
Full-Time: No openings for this position are available at this time.
Responsible for being a brand ambassador who promotes Neighborhood Credit Union’s visibility and membership growth through involvement in community events, networking, on-site visits at Select Employee Groups and postal stations. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with prospective and current members and to represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner to community, educational, non-profit, postal, and Select Employee Group (SEG) organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies, coordinates and negotiates ongoing sponsorship opportunities and community event participation. Creates, cultivates and deepens strategic community partnerships. Represents the credit union through participation in various community programs and ongoing networking.
- Identifies and solicits prospective SEG partnerships to build credit union membership penetration among employees. Initiates communication with existing SEGs and postal stations to schedule visits and create opportunities for membership sign-up. Conducts on-site credit union orientations for SEGs and postal stations on a consistent basis.
- Fosters relationships with key officials in specific educational, community, non-profit, postal and SEG organizations with the goal of increasing credit union awareness and advocacy.
- Delivers credit union presentations and teaches financial literacy programs.
- Manages organization-wide Community Events calendar. Engages and motivates employees to participate and support community involvement. Collaborates with Branch Managers and Marketing to effectively promote credit union involvement and exposure within the community.
- Stays abreast of individual community trends and economic development changes. Tracks and measures event participation results. Makes recommendations to maximize return on future investments of events, sponsorships, philanthropic initiatives and donations.
- Communicates with Retail Branches regarding planned SEG visits and prospecting efforts. Provides timely follow-up with member, employee, and other public inquiries regarding community involvement leads.
- Takes initiative to create strategic action plan in order to achieve individual goals. Provides monthly reports documenting results generated by community relations efforts.
- Responds to routine member inquiries regarding products, services and requirements. Interviews members to obtain information, explain available financial services and assists members to make the most effective usage of service offerings.
- Utilizes a company owned mobile device and laptop to fulfill necessary job responsibilities such as being available to SEG/postal partners and members, maintaining timely communication when working on-site visits/events and for any other business purposes.
Knowledge and Experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two to four years previous related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, percentages, ratios and basic algebraic expressions
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructions, procedures and regulations
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- One to two years PC experience including mainframe, word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including 10-key by touch, facsimile machine, photocopier, etc.
Neighborhood Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By clicking the button below, you will be launching the chat platform to speak with one of our customer service associates.