Senior VP of Marketing & Community Impact
Full Time: North Dallas (Corporate)
Develops and executes the marketing of Neighborhood Credit Union’s products and/or services and implements the strategic marketing and communication plans. Directs and is responsible for all corporate communications with members, employees, as well as internal and external stakeholders. Research marketing needs and analyzes marketing trends to ensure that Neighborhood Credit Union is positioned competitively. Guides the webmaster activities and is responsible for the credit union website. Manages and evaluates subordinates and/or vendors. Responsible for debit and credit card program growth, expansion of card services/technology, and member experience. Manages card processing vendor relationship.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for the effective planning, execution, and tracking of all marketing activities.
- Develops marketing plans and programs to align with strategic plan to ensure profit growth and expansion of credit union’s products and/or services.
- Ensures marketing budget and resources support the strategic plan.
- Analyzes market trends and demographic data concerning members and potential members. Keeps abreast of changing trends in the marketplace.
- Responsible for the credit union website and reputation management, as well as the overall web traffic and online conversion improvement.
- Assumes responsibility for corporate communications with members, employees, and stakeholders.
- Identifies target audiences and develops communication strategies to effectively engage them and manage public perceptions.
- Advises and directs communications overseeing public relations.
- Ensures that all communications align with Neighborhood Credit Union’s goals, brand identity, and message. Develops communication campaigns for special initiatives or to meet organizational goals.
Assumes responsibility for performance and growth of debit and credit card programs.
Analyzes market trends and demographic data concerning members, potential members, and products including debit and credit cards. Keeps abreast of changing trends in the marketplace and especially ensures our card offerings are competitive and meet members’ needs.
- Responsible for debit and credit card program overall growth and card usage. Including card promotion activities and special initiatives to meet organizational goals. Prepares budget for cards accordingly.
- Manages vendor relationship with card processor and involved in all related initiatives and projects. Responsible for overall member satisfaction related to debit and credit card program.
Assumes responsibility for growth in new and existing markets through effective business development, community engagement, and marketing efforts.
- Develops strategic plans for creating and maintaining business relationships with Select Employee Groups (SEGs) and community partners to grow credit union membership.
- Researches and analyzes new markets to increase credit union brand awareness through SEG partnership and community involvement.
- Ensures Community Relations has proper monetary and human resources to executive the strategic plan, meet goals, and be present in community activities.
- Assumes responsibility for duties related to participating as a member of the executive team.
- Provides regular management reports to senior management and Board of Directors. Regular data analysis includes promotions’ return on investment (ROI), competitor analysis and debit/credit card performance. Tracks and evaluates results of programs, initiatives, and campaigns.
- Participates in developing long range plans and formulating solutions to organizational operations.
- Participates as a member of the Asset Liability Management Committee (ALICO) and establishes credit union interest rates and assessing overall credit union financial performance. Participates in strategic planning, organizing, coordinating, and controlling the credit union's corporate and operational business affairs. Reports financial and production performance to the Board of Directors at their regularly scheduled monthly meeting.
- Administers day-to-day operations of the Neighborhood Credit Union Foundation and serves as a Board Director.
- Performs such other functions that might be needed from time to time and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
Knowledge and Experience
- College degree required, preferably BA or BS in Marketing, Business, Communications or similar.
- Required Knowledge
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to implement effective people, time, project, and organizational management practices.
- Experience Required
- Five to ten years related experience in a banking environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, members, and vendors.
- Manage multiple, inter-disciplinary projects.
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative to resolve problems.
- Ability to assist others.
- Able to use 10-key, PC, telephone, and other related business equipment and application software and platforms.