Creates an environment that is conducive to excellent world-class service provided to members of the Credit Union by leading a group of employees in a branch atmosphere to best meet the financial needs of the community. Responsible for hiring, coaching, and developing long-lasting employees, while instilling a great work ethic that contributes to the success of the branch and its production goals. Ambitious individual that implements fun into the everyday work place, all while guiding a group of learners, problem solvers, and team players.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coaches and develops a team of employees with the skill sets to cross sell Neighborhood Credit Union products to members that best fulfill their financial needs.
- Embraces the culture of the branch community through consistent involvement in local events and partnerships, while maintaining a close relationship with the Business Development team to promote expanded service in the area.
- Provides a pleasant branch atmosphere that is reflective of a sound and secure financial institution with the ultimate respect for members’ privacy and confidentiality.
- Maintains awareness of rates and services of competing organizations in their surrounding communities and strives to consistently be aware of and generate new strategies to make Neighborhood Credit Union the best in the marketplace.
- Utilizes branch specific reports to track and promote branch production and goals to further create all-encompassing, fruitful relationships with the members.
- Monitors branch operations and audits to ensure a safe and sound operational, working environment for all branch employees.
- Effectively communicates with upper management the status, successes, challenges, and regular updates of their individual branch.
- Assists the branch employees with teller transactions, new accounts, lending, and member service requests, as may be required from time to time.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four year college or university; or, Certified Credit Union Executive (CCUE) designation; plus three to five years previous related experience in the financial industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in written and verbal skills, to individuals and groups.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to lead teams through decision-making processes to promote a leader-leader culture at the credit union.
- Ability to utilize strong analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures and regulations.
- One to two years PC experience, including ability to learn a new core system, word-processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Complete working knowledge of credit union products and services, including but not limited to: loans, savings accounts, certificates of deposits, IRA programs, share draft programs, ATM and debit card services, direct deposit, payroll, etc.
- Knowledgeable about the credit union system, its structure, common language and acronyms, philosophy and the credit union’s mission statement
By clicking the button below, you will be launching the chat platform to speak with one of our customer service associates.