Branch Experience Specialist
Self-driven individual eager to serve in a leadership capacity and versatile role within the Retail branch setting. This well-rounded employee will exhibit an enthusiastic approach to being a branch operations expert and supporting branch employees and Branch Manager by willingly serving in any capacity necessary. Considered a digital expert, empowering members to embrace technology while effectively educating them on the ease and convenience. Constantly seeking opportunities for conversations with members to uncover their financial needs and directing them to the most appropriate channel and technology to meet those needs. Leads by example in motivating frontline staff, holding them accountable for individual production while maintaining ethical standards. Supports sound operations of branch and embraces opportunities to learn while making recommendations for operational improvements as needed. Maintains ownership of doing the right thing for the member while embracing NCU’s core values and mission of building financial relationships in our communities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains ownership of delivering a consistent exceptional member service experience to visitors and members alike; Encourages member usage of online reviews to validate service delivery standards.
- Helps to control the flow of traffic at the branch while creating a pleasant, welcoming and secure environment for all who enter.
- Leads with integrity in coaching frontline staff to actively display the culture of NCU in achieving production goals; Holds self and others accountable to individual sales goals, branch production and impact to organizational success.
- Familiar with branch market; Aids the Branch Manager with community relations and business development efforts, attending on-site SEG visits, as necessary.
- Serves in the role of acting manager when the Branch Manager is out of the branch, always doing what is right for the members and fellow employees. Makes business decisions that will solve member problems and benefit our credit union.
- Interviews members to obtain information and explain available financial products and services including electronic delivery systems; Retains pertinent member information using internal CRM for future follow-up.
- Assists members with service requests while educating members on best possible solutions and future options to provide them with the most efficient member experience.
- Exhibits competence and deliberate action in providing service to members and guiding them through financial transactions, ensuring accuracy; Assists front line staff with teller transactions as the volume of the branch and traffic dictate.
- Strongly advocates our digital channels while educating members on the ease of utilizing these services.
- Active in maintaining strong communication amongst branch staff; Helps promote internal competitions, coordinate branch huddles and educate team members on new products/services.
- Responsible for ensuring branch supplies are well maintained.
- Involved with vault operations including ordering of cash, monitoring of recycler cash flow and balancing.
- Follows all policies and procedures regulated by the credit union, including guidelines for preventing fraud and robbery, as well as governmental policies and procedures.
- Performs such other functions that might be needed from time to time, and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); plus some college.
- Minimum of three years’ related experience and/or training.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unity of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, procedures, and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members, potential members, visitors and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to operate customary office machines such as photocopier, telephone, fax machine, etc.
- Basic computer skills operating in a Window environment, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to travel to various branch locations or community events as needed.