Assistant Branch Manager
Full-Time: None at this time. Check back soon!
You're passionate about making a difference in the lives of Neighborhood Credit Union’s members by directing the operations and business development efforts at your branch. You maintain the branch's image, conduct competitor research, and monitors credit union goals while making sure your team produces quality service and performance. Manages, directs and administers a credit union branch office that offers a full range of services to current and potential members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Works directly with members and representatives of SEG's and sponsor groups to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in area.
- Directs preparation of branch reports detailing transaction and cross-sell activities and any other reports as requested by management.
- Serves as a Personal Financial Officer performing loan and member service functions and assists in other areas as may be required from time to time.
- Ensures Financial Service Representative cash drawer levels and vault levels conform with Board approved limits. Supplies cash as needed, and removes cash to vault to reduce drawer limits when appropriate.
- Ensures that the branch image is favorable, reflecting a sound and secure financial institution that employees prudent housekeeping procedures, safety measures, and provides a pleasant atmosphere for members, including privacy, confidentiality, and ease of use. Conducts administrative duties by maintaining inventory control, ordering all supplies, furniture, and equipment needed for the branch. Coordinates general maintenance including repairs and cleaning.
- Coordinates deposit, lending and member services functions in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures.
- Reviews rates and services of competing organizations in respective area. Recommends programs and services to retain existing members as well as develop new markets.
- Develops plans and schedules for the efficient use of materials, machines, technological equipment and employees resulting in outstanding service-delivery.
- Monitors attainment of established sales goals for the credit union’s products and services, and establishes standards to ensure quality service delivery.
- Utilizes Sales Leadership Strategies (SLS) to consistently coach and lead employees in cross-selling Neighborhood Credit Union products and services.
- Performs such other functions that might be needed from time to time, and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge and Experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four year college or university; or, Certified Credit Union Executive (CCUE) designation; plus three to five years previous related experience in the financial industry
- A minimum of one year previous supervisory experience or educational equivalent
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from manager or groups of managers, staff, members, and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, rates, percentages, ratios
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructions, procedures and regulations
- One to two years PC experience including mainframe, word-processing, spreadsheet and database applications
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Complete working knowledge of credit union products and services, including but not limited to: loans, savings accounts, certificates of deposits, IRA programs, share draft programs, ATM and debit card services, direct deposit, payroll deduction, etc.
- Knowledgeable about the credit union system, its structure, common language and acronyms, philosophy and the credit union’s mission statement
Neighborhood Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By clicking the button below, you will be launching the chat platform to speak with one of our customer service associates.