Under general supervision, performs a variety of professional accounting duties with the principal areas of responsibility as follows: a) controlling the accounting records, and b) preparing a variety of accounting reports and analyzes to assist management in making prudent financial decisions. The incumbent utilizes formal training in accounting principles and practices to provide input to the annual budget and financial plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifies and posts daily details of journal entries for various departments
- Balances the credit union clearing & suspense general ledgers on daily basis and resolves any discrepancies.
- Receive and enter vendor invoices into AP system, route to correct approver based on Credit Union approval policy.
- Acts as backup for other job duties within the department.
- Maintains balancing for Official Checks.
- Produces some Asset/Liability reconciliations, as well as, researches and corrects outstanding items from the reconciliation process.
- Performs such other functions that might be needed from time to time and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
Knowledge and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED); and six months related administrative experience, preferably six months accounts payable experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members, supervisor, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to operate a PC to perform simple accounting tasks such as account reconciliation, access the Corporate Credit Union account.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- One to two years PC experience including, word-processing and extensive spreadsheet applications, preferably Microsoft Excel