Fresh Start Checking
A Second Chance to Bank Responsibly
Fresh Start Checking Account Details
- This account is perfect for those who need a second chance at banking because of closures at other financial institutions, denied checking accounts because of ChexSystems reporting, or any less-than-perfect banking history.
- $20 monthly service fee
- Courtesy Pay¹
- Opening deposit minimum: $25
How to Get Back on Your Feet
To be eligible to convert your Fresh Start Checking to another Neighborhood Credit Union checking account complete the following:
- Six months of satisfactory account history
- AND completion of the online CheckRight educational course,(Opens in a new Window) where you receive a certificate once complete
Want to compare our accounts side by side?
Frequently Asked Questions
- have no more than three (3) items returned as non-sufficient funds or no more than three (3) paid under the courtesy pay/overdraft program; or a total of no more than three (3) non-sufficient funds returns and courtesy paid items during the six months.
- have no charge-back or returned deposits.
- complete the CheckRight course and download your completion certificate. Visit the CheckRight page for more details.
By clicking the button below, you will be launching the chat platform to speak with one of our customer service associates.