April 2021 Financial Literacy Month
Right now, you can take a 30-day pledge with Money Management International. Work to build your financial health over the next 30 days. A few of the steps they provide for guidance are:
- Commit to Change (Step 1)
- As it is with any serious lifestyle change, the first step is to commit yourself to take action. Making a commitment for bettering your financial health will set you up for a successful change.
- Make Your Money Count (Step 7)
- Know what you are expecting or wanting to make, is it coming from the same source as it has in the past, or are you expecting it to come from somewhere else?
- Set Your Priorities (Step 10)
- Create a clear and defined list of what you want and need of your financial health journey.
- Follow Where Your Money Goes (Step 18)
- Where is your money going? Track your spending habits to get a better idea of where change can happen.
- Keep Moving Forward (Step 30)
- Just as important as it is in the first step to commit, continuing to move forward with your newly learned money habits will keep you going in the right direction.
Join them this month on April 28, 2021, at noon CST for Money Moves: Eight Steps to a Brighter Financial Future. GreenPath has curated eight financial steps to jumpstart your financial future. Individuals will learn how to get your financial life organized, understand your spending, and create small habits that will lead to long-lasting results. Register for GreenPath’s webinar today!
EverFi is a program that will help you get started with the knowledge and skills needed to make smart financial decisions. EverFi helps evaluate your financial behavior, compare different financial options, and find opportunities for improvement.
- Explore EverFi’s course specific topics such as Money Basics, Buying a Home, Loans and Payments, and more.
- EverFi provides topic-specific calculators that make creating a plan and budget a breeze. Examples are: Creating Budget, Planning for Retirement, Building Emergency Savings, and so much more.
- Personalized financial health advice just for you.
- Achievable action plans to reach your financial goals.
- Easy to use to ensure your financial health success.
- Friendly and timely step-by-step guidance.
- Ongoing support to keep you on track with your financial goals.
Who We Are
As an active part of the community for 93 years, Neighborhood Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial organization serving the state of Texas with branch locations in Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, and Tarrant counties. With assets topping $1 billion, Neighborhood Credit Union has a continuously growing membership of over 60,000. For more information, call (214) 748-9393 or visit our homepage.