Retail Loan Officer
Passionate individual seeking to make a difference in the lives of Neighborhood Credit Union’s members by assisting them with their lending needs and requests. Desire to uncover members’ financial goals with active interviewing skills while creating a personal financial relationship with the individual. Ambitious to stay up to date on organization’s lending products to ensure our members are receiving the best loan package possible for the members’ benefit and protection. Key contributor to branch activities and morale, helping to build a team of professional individuals seeking to provide world-class service in a fun team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Forms positive relationships with members to uncover their lending needs through strong interviewing skills, always seeking to do the best for our members.
- Utilizes best channel possible to help members work through the lending process for their convenience and overall lending experience.
- Serves as an advocate for the member through ethical, accurate and descriptive loan applications for decisioning by the underwriting team.
- Actively educates members on credit and suggests products that will always put them in a better financial situation.
- Coaches members through the car buying process to avoid unnecessary fees from the dealers.
- Clearly communicates declined loan applications to members and helps them understand how to obtain a future approval.
- Utilizes additional outbound call reports to seek out opportunities to help in meeting personal lending goals and to foresee members’ lending needs.
- Ability to fluently read all credit bureaus to find any opportunities to sell NCU loans that will benefit the member.
- Follows policies, procedures and regulations to verify accuracy and to prevent fraudulent activity at the credit union.
- Creates a pleasant atmosphere for the members that is one of sincerity, security and confidentiality.
- Consistently meets high volume of loan production and product sale goals.
- Serves members through teller transactions, account openings, and member service needs as required from time to time as branch traffic dictates.
Knowledge and Experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED); plus one to two years related experience in the financial industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to cross-sell credit union products and services
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, percentages, ratios and basic algebraic expressions
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructions, procedures and regulations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as loan agreements and debt obligation documents
By clicking the button below, you will be launching the chat platform to speak with one of our customer service associates.