Member Services Coordinator
Open LocationsFull-Time: Highland Village
Job DescriptionThis position requires the ability to communicate effectively with prospective and current members and to represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner. Under supervision, and in accordance with existing policies, procedures and systems, provides a variety of member service functions involving the receipting and/or disbursing of funds and cross-selling credit union products and services. Work involves constant and direct dealing with credit union members and potential members, and requires the ability to accurately record information.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives visitors, obtains name and nature of business and directs to appropriate person or department.
- Maintains lobby area including updating the rate board, organizing the information/brochure counters, and ensuring the member waiting area is kept orderly and stocked with proper supplies.
- Provides one or more of the following services for members, in person, by telephone or by mail:
- Processes deposits to share, share draft, and other savings accounts.
- Monitors deposit amounts, and examine documents for endorsement and negotiability.
- Disburses cash or check withdrawals.
- Provides official checks and credit card advances.
- Receives loan payments and service charge payments for services.
- Processes transfers between accounts as required.
- Redeems US Savings Bonds
- Processes shared service center transactions.
- Responds to member inquiry regarding the operation of accounts, access to services, adding or deleting service features on various accounts, account discrepancies, and assisting members to make the most effective usage of service offerings. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Check ordering
- Copy requests
- Change of address
- Stop payments
- Wire transfers
- Direct deposit
- Interviews members to obtain information and explain available financial services, such as savings and checking accounts, IRA’s, CD’s, club accounts, safe deposit boxes, electronic delivery systems, rates, etc.
- Processes a variety of transactions for members including the opening and closing of accounts, answering questions, updating account information, and researching for the best choices for the member.
- Operates computer terminal to accurately post transactions, access account information, balance transactions, and generally update member account transactions and information.
- Actively markets and cross-sells current and new products and services of the credit union and attempts to educate members on the features and benefits of new, as well as, existing services.
- Required to meet monthly sales goals set by the credit union and branch manager.
- Follows all policies and procedures regulated by the credit union, including guidelines for preventing fraud and robbery, as well as governmental policies and procedures.
- Performs such other functions that might be needed from time to time, and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); plus some college
- Minimum of one year related experience and/or training
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unity of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, procedures, and correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members, potential members, visitors and other employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Ability to operate customary office machines such as photocopier, 10-key by touch, fax machine and encoding machine
- Basic computer skills operating in a Window environment, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
By clicking the button below, you will be launching the chat platform to speak with one of our customer service associates.